Obsessive Compulsive Disorder (OCD)
Post Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD)
Life with a baby isn't always what people expect. Families face many challenges, from infertility to pregnancy complications, loss, changes in relationships, and trying to finding their new balance. Parents may feel overwhelmed. We will work through it to help you feel better.
In office- Effective Jan 2019 ** NEW CLIENTS***
Payments are due at the start of each session. Cash and electronic money transfers are accepted. You may use credit card when booking on-line. If you have extended health care benefits, you may have coverage for a Registered Social Worker. It is always best to confirm with your provider. In some GreenShield Plans I am able to do direct billing.
A sliding fee scale is available for clients who do not have insurance and who are unable to afford therapy. Please speak with Emily to discuss options.
My office is located inside Loblaws Superstore® at the Primacy® Medical Clinic.
I use an electronic record system for your convenience. You will be able to book your appointments, complete forms and see some of your work from our session.
At your first appointment we take time to get to know one another. We will review your paperwork and talk about what you hope to gain from our work together.
Our work together will focus on what you need and want to work on. It is important that we start where you are at and move forward from there. As a therapist, I hold a space for you to be honest and real about your life.
I trust that you know what will work best for you in the frequency of visits. You will have access to my booking system and have the freedom to book as you see fit. You are welcome to book as many sessions as you would like into the future. This can be helpful so you may have your preferred time.
Babies are welcome.
This is your time, and it's important that you are comfortable and able to attend sessions.
If you feel that it would be best to make childcare arrangements, that is fine, too.
1) Professional fees: $100.00 for counselling services (50 minutes). My hourly rate is $100.00 which will be charged/ pro-rated accordingly to the time of service for any letters, meetings, and/or telephone calls- (except for booking or canceling an appointment). **** Existing clients from 2018, service fee will remain the same if they attend services on a quarterly basis.
Fees are reviewed annually and are subject to change.
Professional fees are set in accordance with the recommended fee range for social work practice by the Ontario Association of Social Workers, the recommended general range is: $110.00 to $150.00 per hour.
Clinical services provided by a social worker are HST exempt.
Payment for services is expected to be received on the day of your counselling session.
Payment can be made by CASH, CHEQUE or MONEY TRANSFER OR WHEN YOU USE THE ON-LINE BOOKING SYSTEM. An official receipt will be provided to you upon payment. If you have extended benefits it is your responsibility to submit to your insurance the claim for reimbursement. Sometimes I may invoice you or a third party for my services and this will be discussed at the outset of our work together. Money transfers may be sent to: EmilyPollak@hotmail.com.
*** If your cheques bounces, you may be subject to a fee of $35. ***
2) Booking and Records: To best accommodate my clients as I do not have a receptionist, I use an electronic records system, “Jane App”. I encourage my clients to book their sessions at minimum a month in advance to ensure your spot.
Cancellation policy: I require 24 hours cancellation notice. You will be charged THE FULL FEE if you provide less than 24 hours’ notice or if you do not attend a scheduled appointment. An invoice will be sent in the mail or to your email address for these charges.
3) Confidentiality: All services provided to you are strictly confidential. There may be times when it would be beneficial for me to speak with other service providers in your life, such as your health care provider. If this is appropriate I will request your consent.
In accordance with best practice standards, I utilize supervision as part of my clinical practice. In supervision, I may provide information about you and our sessions. I also use peer consultations. It is your right to withhold or withdraw consent, or to place conditions on the information I share. If you have any conditions for my clinical supervision, please share with me your wishes.
Information about you or your situation will not be released without your informed or written consent except in the following circumstances:
A) If I am required by law to do so.
B) If I assess that there is a risk of harm to yourself or others.
C) If I assess that a child may have been harmed in the past, or that a child is at risk of harm in the present or future. In all cases, I have a legal duty to report this.
D) If I am bound by law to report a colleague to the Ontario College of Social Workers and Social Service Workers for professional misconduct.
E) If I am required to defend myself against a complaint filed with the Ontario College of Social Workers and Social Service Workers.
5) Telephone calls: I do attempt to return all my calls by the end of each business day. Occasionally, I may not be able to return your call until the following day. If I am away, I will do my best to make sure my voicemail reflects when I will retrieve any messages. Please ensure that I have your current contact number(s). If there is any reason why I should not call back, please let me know. Please note: that for phone calls longer than 5 minutes, you will be billed according to my fees outlined above. (ie: 30-minute phone call- $45.00)
6) Texting/ Emails/ Social Media: I only use texting and emails to communicate about appointment times. If you wish to communicate with me about NON-URGENT matters, please use your patient portal on Jane App.
Please note that at times I may not have access to emails or text messages or Jane APP. If you have not had a response from me within 2 business days, please call me directly.
I do use social media as a form to network and share information that may be relevant to the public. I will not share any information about my clients. If you are on social media, it’s important to remember that posts/ comments are not private in nature and maybe used by others. I may also see your posts if you are an active member of any of the same groups I am part of. If this is a concern to you, please speak with me directly.
I also have strict professional guidelines that I need to adhere to, as such I am not able to be connected, i.e.:“friends” with anyone on social media or to have a relationship with clients outside of my professional practice.
7) Crisis and emergency resources: My services do not cover 24-hour coverage and I am not always available for emergency contact. For emergencies please contact one of the services below:
If you feel you’re at imminent risk of harm to yourself or others, please call 911 or go to the nearest Emergency Room.
Crisis Outreach and Support Team (COAST) Niagara: 1(866) 550-5205 ext. 1
Niagara Region Sexual Assault Centre (CARSA): 1(905) 682-4584
Pathstone Mental Health Services: 1(800) 263-4944
Gillians Place 1(905) 684-8331
Niagara Children and Family Services 1(888) 937-7731
8) Benefits and Risks to service: Your participation in therapy comes with possible benefits as well as risks. Although no one can promise a specific result, there are some potential benefits from engaging in the therapeutic process. We will talk about your goals, what you hope to gain from services and any difficulties that you wish to address. The benefit(s) from treatment depend on the amount of time, the goal(s) and the level of follow through. During therapy it is possible that you may not make improvements towards reaching your goals. If this is the case, we will discuss what other treatment options are available, change the clinical intervention, readjust goals, discontinue treatment or I can refer you to a different service provider. When you start therapy, you may have some feelings or behaviors that get worse. It is very important that you discuss these issues with me if they arise, so I can help you with ways to handle them.
9) Service timeframe: At our intake appointment we will review your therapeutic goals and discuss a timeline for services. We will set initial goal(s) which will include the estimated number of sessions and frequency of visits. We can re-evaluate at any time throughout the therapeutic process your goals, duration and frequency of services.
10) Office Information: There is free onsite parking and reserved spaces for expectant mothers and young children. You can enter through either the main store doors or through the medical clinic side entrance. I do not have a receptionist and no check in is required. Please feel free to make yourself comfortable in the waiting area and I will be with you shortly. If your visits are after hours, please kindly wait on the bench outside of the clinic.
You are welcome to nurse and respond to your baby’s needs during our sessions or in my waiting area. I wanted to share with you that there is also a private nursing area on the upper level of the store.
11) Your Rights as Clients Receiving a Social Work Service: I make every attempt to provide my services in a professional, ethical, and respectful manner. I would be pleased to discuss any concerns that you have in an open and honest fashion. The Ontario College of Social Workers and Social Service Workers regulate the services I provide to you.
Copyright © 2017 Emily Pollak - All Rights Reserved.